Monday, April 12, 2010

About Four Thirty + The Architects by William Wegman

I found this picture to be interesting because of the colors and position of the dog. I think it is a cool picture to have considering how restless my dogs are and the high unlikeliness that they would pose for a picture such as this. I am would bet that my mom would like this picture if not hang it up somewhere in my house, considering that we have five dogs. I plan to get a dog once I have my own place after college and would definitely like to have a dog like this.
I found that Wegman has allot of other pieces of work which also involve images of dogs primarily his own Weimaraner dressed in various costumes and taken in many different poses. I think my mom would find these hilarious. Wegman is a Massachusetts native born in 1943. He attended the Massachusetts College of Art in 1965 and obtained his Masters of Fine Arts degree from the University of Illinois in 1967. He later taught art at the California State University in Long Beach. He acquired his first and most famous of the dogs he photographed, which was a Weimaraner named Man Ray. The dog Man Ray became so popular that people called him the man of the year in 1982 in the California town Wegman lived in. Wegman's pieces of work are well respected in the world of art and have been displayed at venues such as the Hammer Museum, The Los Angeles County Museum of art, the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, and The Smithsonian American Art Museum. His work has also bade its way on shows such as Sesame Street and Saturday Night Live as well as various visits to the Brooklyn Museum, Norton Museum of Art, and Addison Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment